Turn off Antivirus temporarily
Windows 10 comes with default antivirus software, Windows Defender. If you determine that you’re using it, select the Start button > Settings > Update & Security, and then select Windows Defender on the left. Slide the button to Off. Remember to turn it On again.
- Do one of the following:
- In Category view, select System and Security > Action Center, and then select the down arrow next to Security.
- In Large icons or Small icons view, select Action Center, and then select the down arrow next to Security.
If Windows can detect your antivirus software, it’s listed under Virus protection.
Remove the Office scheduled tasks
- Open a Command Prompt window as an administrator.
- At the command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each one:
schtasks.exe /delete /tn “\Microsoft\Office\Office Automatic Updates”
schtasks.exe /delete /tn “\Microsoft\Office\Office Subscription Maintenance”
schtasks.exe /delete /tn “\Microsoft\Office\Office ClickToRun Service Monitor”
Steps to remove Office
In case if the error persists even after running Office repair tool, uninstall Office from your computer.
- Open Control Panel using Start
- Click on Programs and select Programs and Features.
- Select Office Suite and click on Remove.
- Sign in to your My Account page using the link https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=613327
- Choose Install.
- Click Run or the equivalent depending on the browser you’re using.
4. When you see “You’re good to go”, click All done.
Note: If Office uninstallation failed or it didn’t fix the error, a manual uninstallation is required to completely remove the Office Suite
If error is still unresolved, you may contact Help desk for further assistance in LIVE CHAT.