Windows update is an Important component of Windows. By Windows updates one can get
- new drivers for the hardware devices installed in the computer
- security patches
- Known bugs fixed
- Major updates and upgrades.
But some issues, generally related directly or indirectly to some corruption in system files, windows update may not work properly. This article discusses resetting the Windows update completely using a reset script.
- Removes the older Windows update Folders, where the updates are downloaded. Newer ones are created automatically.
- Re-registers the Windows update Files.
- Resets your network connection.
Instructions for usage:
- Download the Script into your computer.
- At the location where it is saved, Right click and select Extract.
- After the extract is complete, you will see a WuReset.bat named File in the new windows that opens.
- Right click WuReset.bat named file and select Run as administrator.
- Wait for the “Task completed successfully” message in the command Prompt Window.
- Restart your computer and check for the updates again.
Download Windows update reset script for computers running Windows 10
For users running Windows 7,8.0 or 8.1:
In any case, if you cannot download/run the script, copy the following code in notepad and save it by “WUReset.bat” (with quotes) and then run it subsequently:
@echo off echo .
echo Simple script to reset windows update-Credits to shawn Brink for the commands
set b=0 :bits set /a b=%b%+1 if %b% equ 3 ( goto end1
net stop bits
echo Checking the bits service status.
sc query bits | findstr /I /C:”STOPPED”
if not %errorlevel%==0 ( goto bits
goto loop2 :end1
. echo Failed to reset Windows Update due to bits service failing to stop.
pause goto Start
If you are looking for live technician click below chat