Clearing the Windows Store Cache
- On your keyboard, press the Win + R key combo and hit Enter.
- Type “PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted command” and hit Enter.
- Then, execute the following command: $manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + ‘\\AppxManifest.xml’ ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest
Turning off Your Anti-Virus Software and Windows Firewall
Whichever anti-virus program you use, it may also be the source of the problem. Thus, in order to get rid of the issue, you may need to temporarily disable your anti-virus. Here’s how to do that:
- Go to Task Manager.
- Terminate the anti-virus program if it’s running.
- Locate the icon of the security software in the taskbar.
- Right-click it and select Disable.
Once this is done, go on to turn off Windows Firewall. Here’s how:
- On your keyboard, press the Win + X key combo and select Control Panel.
- Find Windows Firewall and click it.
- Press Turn Windows Firewall On or Off option.
- You may be asked to enter your administrator password. Do that and press OK.
- Turn Windows Firewall off for both private and public networks.
- Click OK to save the changes and close the programs.
Reinstalling the Windows Store
If none of the above solutions have worked, you may need to try something like reinstalling the Windows Store and then installing all the available Windows 10 updates.
- On your keyboard, press the Win + R key combo.
- Type “PowerShell”.
- Right-click the search result and run the program as administrator.
- Type “Get-Appxpackage – Allusers” and hit Enter.
- Locate the Windows Store entry and copy the package name.
- Then, enter the following command: Add-AppxPackage -register “C:\\Program Files\\WindowsApps\\” –DisableDevelopmentMode
- You should replace PackageFullName with the Windows Store package name and instead of C:, enter the letter of the root driver of your system.
- Go back to PowerShell with administrative privileges.
- Enter “Add-AppxPackage -register “C:\\Program Files\\WindowsApps\\” –DisableDevelopmentMode”and press Enter.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
If issue is not fixed, you may contact our Live chat technician now.