e500 with Windows Update on Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 along with Office 365, Office 2016, Office 2013, Office 2010, Office 2007 of editions like Standard, Professional, Professional Plus, Students and Teachers, Academic, Home and Business, Home and Student while deleting, download, install, open, launch, sync, update, add accounts, printing, importing, exporting, updating, uninstalling, removing. Error variations can be cod de eroare e500, feil kode e500, codice di errore e500, Fehlercode e500 code d’erreur e500, Virhekoodi e500, foutcode e500, Fejlkode e500, felkod e500, código de error
Windows Updates deliver crucial updates for the services. Windows Updates not only helps keep the Windows with the latest patches for security along with newer versions of the Windows components, but also help keep the software, hardware, firmware etc in the computer up to date. If the Windows Updates are affected by any kind of errors, it will affect the whole Windows platform and cause Windows, Internet browsers and any applications installed in the computer to malfunction. .Net updates and new versions are too delivered using this Updates. Office 2016, Office 2013, Office 2010, Office 2007, Office 365 are also updated via Windows Updates.
To fix the Windows Update error code e500, follow the steps below
Check if the Windows Firewall is working fine
- Click on Start menu and then type “firewall” without quotes.
- Then, select “Windows Firewall”.
- Ensure that there are no red highlights, implying everything is green.
Clear Internet Explorer Settings
- Click on “Start” menu.
- Enter “Internet Options” and hit “Enter” key.
- Then click on “Advanced” tab.
- After that click on “Reset”.
- Now, check the option to “Reset personal settings“.
- Click on “Reset button”.
Clean Temp Files for System
- Click on “Start” menu.
- Type “run” after “Start” menu is pressed.
- “Run” dialog box window will open.
- Now, type the command “temp” and hit “Enter” key.
- Once the Temp folder is open, press and hold “CTRL” key and ‘A’ together.
- Now, hold down “Shift“ key and press “Enter”.
- If you get options to click on “Yes” or “OK” “Continue”, check the box to apply the actions to all files and click on the respective button to continue the action.
- If you are prompted again, check the box to repeat the actions and then select on “Skip” button.
Clean User related %temp% files
- Press and hold the “Windows” key and the letter ‘R’ at once.
- Type the command “%temp%” and press “Enter” key.
- Now, repeat the same steps as mentioned before to delete the Temp files for Windows.
Clean up unwanted System files
- Click on “Start” and then type the command “cleanmgr” without quotes.
- Then click “Disk Cleanup”.
- Once the “Disk Cleanup” window opens, click the Windows drive.
- Now, wait till the scan completes, then select all the options except the “Recycle Bin” and “Previous Windows Installations”.
- Click on “OK” button now.
- Once the cleaning is complete, perform the steps from a. to d. and then select “Cleanup system files”.
- Then, check the options except the “Previous Windows Installations” and “Recycle Bin”.
Check if the issue is fixed.
In case, the Windows e500 is not fixed, it might be a critical issue leading to data loss. Click on the chat icon to start chatting with an expert.